As noted in the "Pattern Notes" section of your CustomFit pattern, by default, increases and decreases should be worked to match the slant of the edge being shaped.
For left-slanting edges:
- On RS rows, when decreasing: k1, ssk, work to end
- On WS rows, when decreasing: p1, p2tog, work to end.
- On RS rows, when increasing: work to last st, m1L, work to end.
For right-slanting edges: ;
- On RS rows, when decreasing: work to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1.
- On WS rows, when decreasing: work to last 3 sts, ssp, p1.
- On RS rows, when increasing: work 1 st, m1R, work to end.
If you'd like to work more visible fully-fashioned shaping, where the shaping slants against the edge being shaped, swap the above directions. You can see examples of both in this edge-shaping tutorial.