You'll need to create an account to store measurements, gauge information, and make your pattern. Creating an account is free; you can pay for patterns in one of two ways:
- Pay for each custom pattern individually; prices range from $9.99 to $12.50.
- Pay for a monthly subscription as a maker; for $4.99/month, you can generate up to two patterns each month; for $7.99/month, you get unlimited patterns each month. All subscribers also get access to a handy set of knitting calculators.
Once you've created an account, you'll need to take some measurements. You have a few options for how to get measurements:
- Copy your measurements from existing CYCA standards and use them as-is, or tweak them to fit you better;
- Do all your own measurements, with the help of these videos;
- Or, you can visit one of our CustomFit LYS partners, who take measurements in-store for a fee.
Finally, you'll also need to swatch until you get a fabric you love. Once you have a gauge and measurements, you can create your first CustomFit pattern. If you create your first pattern within 30 days of creating your account, your second pattern will be free!